TRAVEL INSURANCE - NEW COVID COVER AVAILABLE NOW!
We are pleased to announce that we now offer Covid-19 cover within our travel insurance policies available on Gold & Platinum policies ( non medical and medical), as well as our Gold cruise and cruise medical.
Why do I need travel insurance for my holiday?
While no one wants to think things may go wrong on holiday, it is worth having a safety net in place should something happen that could potentially leave you out of pocket. That's why it's important to have the best travel insurance for your own specific needs. Our policies now include Covid protection (included Gold and Platinum policies (non medical & medical, as well as our Gold cruise & cruise medical not included on Bronze & Silver Policies. With recent events we think it’s very important for customers to purchase their travel insurance as soon as they book their holiday.
New Covid Cover
Prior to 3rd August 2020, there was no cover in respect of cancellation or curtailment claims as a result of COVID-19. Our policies now offer cover for customers if they contract COVID-19 and therefore have to cancel their trip.
Our travel insurance policies also cover for cancellation and curtailment if the FCDO advises against all or all but essential travel to your destination due to fire, flood, earthquake, storm, riot or civil unrest. Denial of boarding has been included with our platinum policy, this will cover if you are to be denied boarding on the return journey of your trip due to having or being suspected of having an infectious disease (including Covid-19).
What are customers covered for in respect of COVID-19? (Available on Gold, Platinum policies, Gold Cruise & Cruise medical)
- Cancellation if you, a family member or travel companion contracts COVID-19 prior to travelling (subject to a positive test result, 2 weeks prior to the start date of the trip; unless a secondary medical issue arrises (e.g pneumonia).
- £10,000,000 if customers require emergency medical treatment abroad
- Repatriation if required
- Cover for additional travel and accommodation costs if the customer is discharged from hospital but medically unable to return home immediately
- Costs for one other person to stay with the customer, or to travel to the customer from the UK and accompany them home
- Travel costs to or from a hospital relating to your admission, discharge or attendance for outpatient treatment
- Travel costs to and from appointment, or for the collection of medication prescribed for you by the hospital and the cost of additional food and drink
- Platinum only policy: Denial of boarding has been included with our platinum policy, this will cover if you are to be denied boarding on the return journey of your trip due to having or being suspected of having an infectious disease (including Covid-19).
To find out more, contact your local Althams Travel branch or contact our sales team on
0800 197 9997 / email@example.com
Terms & conditions apply.